Terms and conditions of use
- The copyright in the text and layout of the pages of this website is held either by the Department for the Economy in Northern Ireland, the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales, the Office for Students and the Scottish Funding Council (hereafter referred to as UK funding and regulatory bodies) or by the originating authors.
- The copyright and database right in the materials, data, reports and publications available for download or viewing from this website are held by the organisation named as the copyright or database right owner in or on such publication – this will often be the UK funding and regulatory bodies but, exceptionally, it may evidently be different originating authors or publishers.
- Images used on our website and in our publications are usually sourced from commercial picture agencies or external suppliers and their use generally limited to use on this website. Accordingly they should not be copied or used except where a licence has been granted to you by the relevant copyright owner or, if applicable, otherwise permitted by law.
- Unless otherwise stated, the text of the pages of this website and the text of publications and reports branded by the UK funding and regulatory bodies may, save in relation to elements credited to third parties, be copied or reproduced provided that the source is acknowledged, the text is not altered and it is not used, wholly or in part, for commercial gain. Use for commercial gain requires the prior written permission of the copyright holders.
- Should you wish to re-use information which is owned by the UK funding and regulatory bodies then you may be able to do so in accordance with the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015. Please submit your request in writing, provide your name and an address for correspondence, specify the document or information requested and state the purpose for which, and how, the information is to be re-used. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information provided on this website is accurate, the UK funding and regulatory bodies do not give any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy. We do not accept liability for any error or omission.
- This website and material relating to information, products and services (or to third party information, products and services), is provided without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of any intellectual property or other rights, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- The UK funding and regulatory bodies are not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss or business or loss of profits and indirect or consequential loss or damage) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision takes as a result of using this site of any such material.
- The UK funding and regulatory bodies do not warrant that:
- the functions contained in the material in this website will be uninterrupted or error free;
- defects will be corrected; or
- this website or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the materials.
5. The materials on this site do not constitute professional advice.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be covered by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.